Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Gymnastics Dream...

handstand split (kinda)

Hi it's Hannah here! Today I wanted to talk about my gymnastics dream. Ever since a few years ago I started to get interested in gymnastics. I thought it looked very fun and interesting. I started going to a gymnastics place and soon enough my cousins went too! At first it was very hard because i didn't know anything! But after many classes I became more and more better at gymnastics and so did my cousins. Soon enough we were doing cartwheels, handstands, backbends all over the place anywhere we went!
But soon enough i became lazy, taking many breaks in gymnastics and losing what i had and knew. I knew that i have to get my act together. Now i am looking for gymnastics places and hope to start it again VERY soon in the school year. And i also looking forward to trying out for the cheerleading team. Mostly to do gymnastics! Which i hope my school does!
Me and my cousins love doing gymnastics for fun together and trying new things together! (making sure that we spot each other!)
Even though I'm not great at gymnastics right now, I plan to get much better and maybe one day start competing!
Here is my leo!
Right now I have one leo that i really like from www.gkelite.com
It has gymnastics, cheer, and dance wear!
Even though it's kind of pricey, i think it is worth it because it is very good quality.
I got it for $50.00, but it matters what leo it is for the price

To end this post i want to write my goal for gymnastics and by the end of the year see if I accomplish most or even ALL of it!
  • a PERFECT round off
  • a front walkover (i almost have it, but i want to make it look neat and clean! :) )
  • back walkover 
  • HOPEFULLY back handspring 
  • front handspring? heh heh!
  • handstand on beam
  • cartwheel on beam
  • perfect split 
  • my stag :) <3
  • more flexible 
k thats all the goals i can think of right now! Well see ya next time in the next post!! :D <3 i hope you liked it!

Oh yeah i have some tips for all newbies or people wanting to do gymnastics:
Never give up on your dreams even when you fail
  •   practice, practice and PRACTICE! if you want to practice at home make sure it is safe and have a spot or mat. If you do not have a mat you should at least do it on carpet! 
  • LISTEN to what your gymnastics coach or teacher says to help what you are doing and really try to put that into action
  • Never give up even when you feel like it is impossible to do anything
I might post some gymnastics tutorials soon! I hope you guys will enjoy that! :)
And comment below if you would like more gymnastics pics/videos of me doing gymnastics or tutorials :D
(photo cred to my brother Brandon!)


1 comment: